Ingredients 6 Servings
- Stuffed Chicken Rolls
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 6 large thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- dried dates
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half crosswise
- Blackberry Sauce
- 1 cup finely crushed blackberries
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick McCormick® Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 For the Chicken Rolls, mix garlic powder, cinnamon, oregano, salt, pepper and thyme. Reserve 1/2 teaspoon for the Blackberry Sauce. Sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture evenly on both sides of chicken breasts. Cover. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, cut a slit down the middle of each prune. Stuff each prune with chopped almonds. Set aside.
- 3 Brush 6 sheets foil (12x8-inch each) with butter. Place each chicken breast on a sheet of foil. Place 1/2 slice of bacon crosswise close to the short end of chicken breast. Place 2 filled prunes on top of bacon. Place another 1/2 slice of bacon on top of prunes. Roll breast tightly starting at the short end. Wrap in foil, twisting edges tightly to close. Place rolls on baking pan.
- 4 Bake 20 minutes. Carefully unwrap chicken rolls. Place on baking pan. Bake 20 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through.
- 5 Meanwhile, for the Blackberry Sauce, mix blackberries, wine, sugar and cinnamon stick in small saucepan. Bring to boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon peel and reserved seasoning mixture. Simmer 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. (Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.) Serve chicken rolls with Blackberry Sauce.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For Thicker Blackberry Sauce: Mix 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water. Add to sauce during the last 2 minutes of cooking.