Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals.
Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
Cumin is beloved around the world for bringing a warm, earthy, spicy, peppery flavor to simple dishes. It doesn't matter what type of cuisine you're cooking. Cumin is a great way to spark up the flavor.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH CUMIN
Add even more flavor to your meals with these herbs and spices. They go great with cumin.
- Turmeric: McCormick Turmeric hails from India, where it’s considered a sacred part of Hindi culture. We monitor its progress from field to package to ensure consistent color and quality in every bottle. The turmeric plant hides its brilliant color underground, showing only glossy green leaves and multi-petaled white flowers. But dig up the root, carefully clean and dry it, and you have an extraordinary spice beloved as much for its color as its flavor. Our pure turmeric in ground form is a lively partner for infusing curries, soups, stews, rubs, marinades and vegetable and rice dishes with beautiful color and citrusy aroma.
- Thyme: The plant’s tiny leaves—just a quarter inch at most in length—must be carefully harvested, cleaned, dried and milled to retain their rich color, piney aroma and earthy flavor. In the ancient world, thyme was a symbol of courage and bravery. One of the highest compliments to pay a Greek warrior, for instance, was to say he smelled of thyme. And in the Middle Ages, thyme was used to fend off nightmares. Today, our pure thyme holds its greatest place of honor in the kitchen as one of our most popular herbs.
- Cinnamon: McCormick Cinnamon begins as bark peeled from the base of cinnamon trees grown in Indonesia. We are the only company to have facilities there. This means we are able to clean, dry and sort right there and not wait to be imported to US. The trees must be at least 15 years old, which is when the flavor is fully developed. The trees themselves are naturally sustainable: If cut down, they will regrow. The bark is then cleaned, dried and shipped to our McCormick plant near Baltimore, Maryland. There, it’s cleaned again, gently dried, ground and bottled with nothing but pure cinnamon.
- Red Pepper: Peppers that make the grade are harvested, sun-dried, and shipped whole for milling and packaging. Each batch can be traced back to its source, which helps us to ensure quality and consistent levels of heat. You can count on every bottle of McCormick Red Pepper to deliver a consistent heat, deep red color and ratio of seeds to pods. McCormick Red Pepper, also called cayenne pepper, is made from the seeds and pods of red, ripe chili peppers that have been gently sun dried and milled. We test each batch of peppers for color, flavor, aroma and heat. Such close attention to every harvest is the only way to ensure that you can count on cayenne from one jar of McCormick Red Pepper to offer the same level of heat and deep, red color as the next.
- Oregano: McCormick Oregano is the highest quality oregano because it's cultivated in the rich soil and intense sunlight of the Mediterranean and gently dried for a greener look and more flavorful taste. The Mexican variety grows wild in the mountainous interior of its native Mexico and is related to lemon verbena. It brings citrus and anise flavors, and is much more pungent than Mediterranean oregano.
GRAB YOUR CUMIN PRODUCTS!
AND TRY THESE CUMIN RECIPES: