Onion powder makes it easy to add savory richness to just about any dish - from dips to soups, sauces, vegetables, chicken and burgers.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH ONION:
Onions pair nicely with these herbs and spices. Try them together the next time you're in the kitchen cooking something up for lunch or dinner.
- Cumin: Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals. Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Thyme: Cultures all over the world look to thyme as a great source for its unmistakeable, fresh aroma. One of the highest compliments to pay a Greek warrior, for instance, was to say he smelled of thyme. And in the Middle Ages, thyme was used to fend off nightmares. Today, our pure thyme holds its greatest place of honor in the kitchen as one of our most popular herbs.
- Garlic: Dried garlic takes on a mellow, round flavor that elevates recipes both savory and sweet. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Red Pepper: Use our pure red pepper to enliven any dish with vibrant flavor and fiery spice. McCormick Red Pepper is made from the seeds and pods of red chili peppers. We test each new crop of field-grown peppers for color, flavor, aroma and heat. The chili pepper is one of the most spicy members of the capsicum family. There’s no better place to turn if you’re looking to add spicy, intense flavor to any dish.
- Parsley: Parsley is mildly flavored and so versatile. Add to pasta, potato or chicken salad. Mix with melted butter and toss with vegetables or potatoes.
GRAB YOUR ONION PRODUCTS!
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE ONION: