Hot chili pepper adds flavorful heat to chili, tacos, salsas and other Mexican-style dishes.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH HOT CHILI:
Hot Chili pairs nicely with these herbs and spices. Try them together the next time you're in the kitchen cooking something up for lunch or dinner.
- Oregano: Pure oregano goes great with so many cuisines, from Italian to Greek and some you probably never expected. In Greek, oregano means “joy of the mountain." Even though it's super popular today, it actually wasn't wasn’t widely used in the U.S. until GIs returned from Italy during World War II. Our pure oregano is a delicious addition to any tomato dish, eggs and omelets, chicken, fish and pork, cooked vegetables, vinaigrettes and more. Consider it your go-to herb for that real Mediterranean flavor.
- Paprika: Think of paprika as the gentler, sweeter cousin of hot chili peppers. It enlivens your favorite dishes with fruity notes and a toasty red color without ever taking over the show. McCormick sources whole paprika pepper pods from farmers in warm, dry climates. The paprika grown and bottled by McCormick is nothing but the purest. Paprika is a New World spice, meaning it didn’t take hold in Europe until the 1600s, where it was introduced to Europeans by Bulgarians and Turks. Perhaps best known as the garnish on deviled eggs, our pure paprika has a world of other uses. Use it as an addition to soups, rubs, marinades, sauces and more.
- Turmeric: With vivid yellow-orange color and subtle, earthy flavor, pure turmeric is a member of the ginger family and is a common ingredient in spice blends from the Caribbean, India, Indonesia, the Middle East and North Africa.
- Cumin: Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals. Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Garlic: Dried garlic takes on a mellow, round flavor that elevates recipes both savory and sweet. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
GRAB YOUR HOT CHILI PRODUCTS!
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Chili Powder
- McCormick Hot Mexican Chili Powder
- McCormick Chili Powder
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE HOT CHILI:
- Esquites (Mexican Street Corn)
- Vegan Barbacoa
- Chorizo Chile Poppers
- Chili Cumin Pork Rub
- Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos With Creamy Salsa