Intensely light, lemony flavor that makes Indian and Middle Eastern curries and couscous sing. Coriander brings out the savory juiciness of roasted meats, and adds a uniquely spicy twist to baked goods.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH CORIANDER:
Coriander pairs nicely with these herbs and spices. Try them together the next time you're in the kitchen cooking something up for lunch or dinner.
- Ginger: McCormick partners with family owned farms to grow garlic that can be used as powder or minced. It adds instant flavor into whatever you’re cooking because our bottles contain garlic and only garlic, and nothing else. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Paprika: Think of paprika as the gentler, sweeter cousin of hot chili peppers. It enlivens your favorite dishes with fruity notes and a toasty red color without ever taking over the show. McCormick sources whole paprika pepper pods from farmers in warm, dry climates. The paprika grown and bottled by McCormick is nothing but the purest. Paprika is a New World spice, meaning it didn’t take hold in Europe until the 1600s, where it was introduced to Europeans by Bulgarians and Turks. Perhaps best known as the garnish on deviled eggs, our pure paprika has a world of other uses. Use it as an addition to soups, rubs, marinades, sauces and more.
- Mint: Refreshing spearmint adds cool flavor to beverages, spring vegetables, or fruit and grain salads. A traditional seasoning for lamb, stews and marinades.
- Cumin: Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals. Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Cilantro: The bright bold flavor of cilantro makes its home in the kitchens of Mexico, India, China and Southeast Asia. Add to stir-fries, salsa, guacamole, fajitas and curries.
GRAB YOUR CORIANDER PRODUCTS!
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE CORIANDER: