If you enjoy spicy foods and love the smoky flavor of barbecue then you must add chipotle pepper to your spice cabinet. The overall flavor and heat is higher than jalapenos as the capsaicin is at its peak and will give your food, snacks and drinks a nice kick.
WHAT ARE CHIPOTLE PEPPERS?
Chipotle peppers are smoke dried jalapeños. Essential to Mexican cuisine and Mexican-inspired foods, add to chili, salsas, soups, stews, rubs and marinades. Also adds smoky heat to chocolate.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH CHIPOTLE:
Add some more flavor to your meals with these herbs and spices. They go great with chipotle.
- Cumin: Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Oregano: In Greek, oregano means “joy of the mountain." Even though it's super popular today, it actually wasn't wasn’t widely used in the U.S. until GIs returned from Italy during World War II. Our pure oregano is a delicious addition to any tomato dish, eggs and omelets, chicken, fish and pork, cooked vegetables, vinaigrettes and more. Consider it your go-to herb for that real Mediterranean flavor.
- Paprika: McCormick sources whole paprika pepper pods from farmers in warm, dry climates. The paprika grown and bottled by McCormick is nothing but the purest. Paprika is a New World spice, meaning it didn’t take hold in Europe until the 1600s, where it was introduced to Europeans by Bulgarians and Turks. Perhaps best known as the garnish on deviled eggs, our pure paprika has a world of other uses. Use it as an addition to soups, rubs, marinades, sauces and more.
- Garlic: McCormick partners with family owned farms to grow garlic that can be used as powder or minced. It adds instant flavor into whatever you’re cooking because our bottles contain garlic and only garlic, and nothing else. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Cinnamon: Our pure cinnamon lends a warm, sweet aroma to everything from morning toast to cookies, and it also has a savory side, with earthy, mahogany-colored flavors.
GRAB YOUR CHIPOTLE PRODUCTS!
- McCormick Chipotle Taco Seasoning Mix
- McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper
- McCormick Gourmet Chipotle Chili Pepper
- Grill Mates Chipotle and Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- Grill Mates Chipotle Pepper Marinade
- Grill Mates Southwest Chipotle Steakhouse Burgers Sauce Mix Ins
- Grill Mates Bacon Chipotle Seasoning
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE CHIPOTLE:
CHIPOTLE BEEF RECIPES
- Chipotle Beef Tamales
- Fired up Southwest Fajitas
- Easy Chipotle Cheeseburger
- Chunky Chipotle Chili
- Chipotle Tacos
- Bacon Chipotle BLT Sliders
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN RECIPES
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken Skewers
- Grilled Double BLT Chipotle Chicken Sandwiches
- Chipotle Ranch Chicken Wraps
- Oven Roasted Chipotle Molasses Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
- Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- Chipotle Enchiladas Rancheras
CHIPOTLE PORK RECIPES
- Chipotle Lime Pork Chops
- Chipotle Pepper Marinated Pork
- Southwest Chipotle Sausage and Rice
- Pork Tacos Al Pastor
- Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Sweet Potatoes
CHIPOTLE FISH RECIPES
- Chipotle Lime Tuna
- Chipotle and Roasted Garlic Salmon with Grilled Corn Succotash
- Chipotle Fish Tacos
- Grilled Chipotle Maple Salmon with Wilted Spinach
- Easy Baja Fish Tacos
CHIPOTLE SIDES AND DIPS RECIPES
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Buttermilk Chipotle Dressing
- Chipotle Corn Pudding
- Avocado Chipotle Deviled Eggs
- Grilled Corn with Smokehouse Maple Chipotle Butter
- Chipotle Rhubarb Chutney
- Red Fresno Chili Crema
- Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Chipotle Bacon Jam
- Creamy Chipotle Dip
LEARN MORE ABOUT SPICES
- 5 (Almost) Magical Spice Pairings You Need to Try Right Now
- Tips & Tricks For Organizing Your Spice Cabinet
- How Long Do Spices Last?
Ready to use more chipotle in your recipes? Save your favorite food, dessert, drink recipes and organize your ingredients with McCormick Meal Planner. Create a Flavor Profile to save all your favorite recipes and create grocery lists for easy shopping. You will also get custom recommendations based on your saved items to make your meals!