The most popular of the dried chiles, ancho has a mild heat and a sweet fruity flavor. Add to chili, mole, salsas, and marinades and spice rubs for grilled meats.
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH ANCHO:
Ancho pair nicely with these herbs and spices. Try them together the next time you're in the kitchen cooking something up for lunch or dinner.
- Cumin: Our pure cumin is an easy way to add deep, earthy citrusy flavors to spark your favorite meals. Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Cinnamon: Our pure cinnamon lends a warm, sweet aroma to everything from morning toast to cookies, and it also has a savory side, with earthy, mahogany-colored flavors
- Garlic: Dried garlic takes on a mellow, round flavor that elevates recipes both savory and sweet. Garlic is a member of the lily family, native to Central Asia and cousin to leeks, chives, onions and shallots. It’s the most pungent of the lilies, with a strong flavor and aroma. Unless you’re using it to ward off vampires, as people have done since the 1700s, it pays to use allium sativum with a gentle hand.
- Hot Chili: Hot chili pepper adds flavorful heat to chili, tacos, salsas and other Mexican-style dishes.
- Oregano: Meet oregano, a robust herb that comes in whole leaves or ground up, giving meals a peppery bite and a sweet, minty aroma. In Greek, oregano means “joy of the mountain." Even though it's super popular today, it actually wasn't wasn’t widely used in the U.S. until GIs returned from Italy during World War II. Our pure oregano is a delicious addition to any tomato dish, eggs and omelets, chicken, fish and pork, cooked vegetables, vinaigrettes and more. Consider it your go-to herb for that real Mediterranean flavor.
GRAB YOUR ANCHO PRODUCTS!
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE ANCHO:
- Hibiscus Ancho Sorbet
- Ancho Orange Beer Can Chicken
- Cinnamon Ancho Strawberry S'more Bites
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Grilled Corn On The Cob With Ancho Orange Mayonnaise