Get the Free Meal Planning Tool That Can Show You How.
Start your FREE 1-year subscription to DinnerTime.com — the online tool that helps you plan, shop and cook dinner every night.
To access this FREE offer, set up your FlavorProfile now!
Also known as "Wild Marjoram", oregano is the leaf of the plant Origanum, a member of the mint family. Oregano's flavor and strength vary widely according to the climate and region where it is grown. The hot and dry Mediterranean climate yields a robust, full flavor with a slightly bitter and peppery taste. The cooler regions of Europe and North America yield a more delicate aroma and sweeter taste. McCormick's oregano is available in whole leaves or ground form. McCormick's oregano leaves are carefully selected to ensure consistency in leaf size, color, and flavor.
Learn how to use oregano in its leaf form and how oregano leaves add flavor to your meals.
• 1 tsp. dried Oregano Leaves = 2 tsp. chopped fresh oregano
• Sprinkle over pizza or add 1/2 tsp. to 2 cups spaghetti sauce.
• Gives a Mediterranean flair to chicken, fish, tomatoes, potatoes and rice.
• Add a zesty flavor to sautéed zucchini, squash, eggplant and mushrooms.
• Great in tomato or minestrone soups.
This product has no significant nutritional value.