With a combination of sweet, spice and savory elements, curry can be infused with other ingredients to enhance any dish.
WHAT IS CURRY?
A fragrant blend of spices used in Indian cuisine to add golden color and warm flavor. Add to curries, pilafs, vegetables, deviled eggs and chicken or lamb dishes.
WHAT'S IN CURRY POWDER?
Curry powder can include a mix of Coriander, Fenugreek, Turmeric, Cumin, Black Pepper, Bay Leaves, Celery Seed, Nutmeg, Clove, Onion, Ginger and Red Pepper but can vary depending on which curry powder you select to purchase.
HOW TO STORE CURRY
Curry powder, as with all spices, should be kept in a tight container in a cool, dark cupboard, away from direct heat, moisture or sunlight.
HOW LONG DOES CURRY POWDER LAST?
Curry powder, when stored properly, can generally provide the best quality for about 3 to 4 years. Check out how long spices last for some of your other favorite spices and herbs.
HOW TO COOK WITH CURRY
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Cook with Curry Powder
- What is a Plant Based Diet?
- How to Cook Salmon
- A Beginner's Guide to Make Perfect Indian Dal
- How to Upgrade Your Salad Sandwich
FLAVORS THAT GO WITH CURRY
Add some more flavor to your meals with these herbs and spices. They go great with curry.
- Turmeric: McCormick Turmeric hails from India, where it’s considered a sacred part of Hindi culture. We monitor its progress from field to package to ensure consistent color and quality in every bottle. The turmeric plant hides its brilliant color underground, showing only glossy green leaves and multi-petaled white flowers. But dig up the root, carefully clean and dry it, and you have an extraordinary spice beloved as much for its color as its flavor. Our pure turmeric in ground form is a lively partner for infusing curries, soups, stews, rubs, marinades and vegetable and rice dishes with beautiful color and citrusy aroma.
- Cumin: Cumin is one of the top 10 selling spices in the U.S. The spice dates back to Egypt 4,000 years ago, and McCormick Cumin is hand-harvested, sun-dried and carefully screened so you know you're getting nothing but the purest flavor. Add this spice for a warm flavor and earthy color to everyday soups, stews, meats and vegetables.
- Ginger: The very finest ginger comes from small holder farmers on one to two acre plots of land off the Malabar Coast of India. Ginger has enjoyed some unusual uses, including warding off the plague during Henry VIII’s time. In the 19th century, ginger was commonly sprinkled on top of beer or ale and then stirred into the drink with a hot poker. Today, ginger is an essential ingredient in all kinds of sweet and savory dishes.
- Cinnamon: Our pure cinnamon lends a warm, sweet aroma to everything from morning toast to cookies, and it also has a savory side, with earthy, mahogany-colored flavors.
- Red Pepper: McCormick Red Pepper is made from the seeds and pods of red chili peppers. We test each new crop of field-grown peppers for color, flavor, aroma and heat. The chili pepper is one of the most spicy members of the capsicum family. There’s no better place to turn if you’re looking to add spicy, intense flavor to any dish. You know your crushed red pepper is fresh if it sets your nose tingling when you take that first whiff. It should be a deep red color, with flecks of yellow seeds. Ground red pepper, also called cayenne, started life in the New World as a particularly intense member of the capsicum family of chili peppers. It has since traveled the globe, bringing intense chili heat and vivid red color to every kitchen it enters.
GRAB YOUR CURRY PRODUCTS!
- McCormick Curry Powder
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Curry Powder Hot Madras
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Red Curry Powder
- McCormick Gourmet Organic Curry Powder
AND TRY THESE RECIPES THAT USE CURRY:CHICKEN CURRY RECIPES
- Grilled Curry Chicken with Cucumber Mint Sauce
- Chicken Korma
- Grilled Curried Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Rice Curry
- Indian Curry & Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Creamy Curried Chicken
- Curried Crispy Oven Fried Chicken
- Chicken Tikka Masala
SALAD RECIPES THAT USE CURRY
OTHER MUST TRY CURRY RECIPES
- Mango Curry Lime Salt
- Curry Dip
- Mango Curry Lime Margarita
- Curried Devil Eggs
- Indian Shrimp Tacos with Mango Coleslaw
- Crustless Curried Spinach Tart
TRY SOME OF OUR OTHER FAVORITE CUISINES
Ready to use more curry in your recipes? Save your favorite food, dessert, drink recipes and organize your ingredients with McCormick Meal Planner. Create a Flavor Profile to save all your favorite recipes and create grocery lists for easy shopping. You will also get custom recommendations based on your saved items to make your meals!