Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1 pound lean turkey sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1 package McCormick® Slow Cooker Savory Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cups instant rice
- 1 Place sausage, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and celery in slow cooker. Top with chicken.
- 2 Mix Seasoning Mix, water and red pepper until blended. Pour over chicken. Cover.
- 3 Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH.
- 4 Gently stir in shrimp and rice. Cover. Cook 15 to 20 minutes longer on HIGH or until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.