Ingredients 4 Servings
- 2 large red grapefruits, peeled and sectioned (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves, divided
- 1/4 plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1 pound large sea scallops (about 12)
- 1 package (5 ounces) baby spinach leaves
- 1 Gently toss grapefruit segments and avocado slices in medium bowl. Set aside. Mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, shallot, 1/2 teaspoon of the thyme, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and pepper in small bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- 2 Mix remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, ginger and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in small bowl. Coat scallops evenly on both sides with spice mixture. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until scallops are golden brown, turning once.
- 3 Divide spinach evenly among 4 serving plates. Top each with scallops and grapefruit mixture. Drizzle each salad with about 1 tablespoon of dressing. Serve immediately.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Variation: To prepare with shrimp, use 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.