Ingredients 8 Servings
- Mint Yogurt
- 1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- Lamb Skewers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pounds lean boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes (8 ounces)
- 2 small onions, cut into wedges
- 1 For the Mint Yogurt, mix yogurt, mint and cumin in small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Lamb Skewers, mix lemon juice, oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade for basting. Place lamb in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add remaining marinade; toss to coat well.
- 3 Refrigerate 1 hour or longer for extra flavor. Remove lamb from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Alternately thread lamb, tomatoes and onion wedges onto skewers.
- 4 Grill over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade. Serve with Mint Yogurt.
TIPS AND TRICKS
If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water before threading with lamb and vegetables.