Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package McCormick® Bag 'n Season® Pot Roast Cooking & Seasoning Mix
- 3 to 4 pounds chuck, bottom round or rump roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cut-up fresh potatoes, (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cut-up fresh carrots, (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 cup cut-up fresh onions, (about 1-inch pieces)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange opened Cooking Bag in 13x9-inch baking pan or dish. Place roast and vegetables into bag.
- 2 Stir Seasoning Mix and water until well blended. Pour over roast. Close bag loosely with nylon tie. Cut 4 small holes in top of bag to allow steam to escape.
- 3 Bake in lower half of oven 2 hours. Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut open bag. Serve roast and vegetables with pan juices. If desired, thicken juices for gravy or serve with prepared McCormick® Brown Gravy.
TIPS AND TRICKS
For Smaller Roasts: Bake smaller roasts (2 to 2 1/2 pounds) for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.