Harissa is spicy condiment from Tunisia. It’s loaded with flavor, but very low in fat and calories, making it a perfect accompaniment to healthful meals. Photo credit: Lindsay Landis from Love & Olive Oil.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 jar (4 ounces) roasted red peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved crosswise and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 medium zucchini, halved crosswise and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 1 For the Red Pepper Harissa, place roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon each of the oil and vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of the garlic powder and crushed red pepper in blender or food processor; cover. Process or blend until a chunky sauce forms. (Do not puree.) Set aside.
- 2 Mix remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and vinegar, paprika, remaining 1 teaspoon garlic powder, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt in small bowl. Place vegetables in large bowl. Add 1/2 of the spice mixture; toss to coat well. Place chicken in another bowl. Add remaining spice mixture; turn to coat well.
- 3 Grill chicken over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Grill vegetables 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender-crisp. Serve 2 tablespoons Red Pepper Harissa with each serving of chicken and vegetables.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner