Parmesan cheese, Italian Seasoning and tomato sauce add Italian flavor to homemade meat loaf. Serve with pasta tossed with butter or olive oil and Parmesan cheese.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, egg, 2 teaspoons of the Italian seasoning and remaining seasonings in large bowl.
- 2 Shape into a loaf on shallow baking pan. Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Pour over top.
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until meat loaf is cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Substitution Tip: Prepare as directed, using 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Salt in place of the garlic powder and salt.