Whether you’re exploring how to make stuffed peppers or looking for a new twist, this easy and tasty stuffed peppers recipe is the one to save in your cook book! With just 20 minutes of prep work, you can sit back and relax as these Italian stuffed peppers bake to perf... Whether you’re exploring how to make stuffed peppers or looking for a new twist, this easy and tasty stuffed peppers recipe is the one to save in your cook book! With just 20 minutes of prep work, you can sit back and relax as these Italian stuffed peppers bake to perfection. Great for a weeknight meal, this recipe for stuffed bell peppers features a flavorful mixture of lean ground beef, bell peppers, onion, rice, tomato sauce, cheese and a blend of our favorite spices like salt, pepper, garlic powder and McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning. Another reason why this is the best recipe for stuffed peppers is that it skips the added step of pre-cooking the peppers. These tender-but-not-mushy peppers pair great with Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread, a Romaine Salad with Creamy Pepper Parmesan Dressing or Easy Roasted Vegetables. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 4 medium to large green or red bell peppers
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut off tops of bell peppers. Remove seeds and membranes. Rinse bell peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand upright. Set aside.
- 2 Brown ground beef and onion in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add rice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix until well blended.
- 3 Pour 1 can of the tomato sauce into bottom of 9-inch square baking dish. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Place stuffed peppers upright in baking dish. Pour remaining can tomato sauce over stuffed peppers. Cover tightly with foil.
- 4 Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove foil. Sprinkle stuffed peppers with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut stuffed peppers in half. Spoon sauce in dish over each half to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner