Treat the family to a restaurant-style Italian meal, starring Chicken Penne Carbonara, Cheesy Garlic Bread and Tuscan Vinaigrette. McCormick® Italian Complete Meal Seasoning Mix Kit includes three pouches full of vibrant herbs and spices to make your dishes taste just-ri...
Treat the family to a restaurant-style Italian meal, starring Chicken Penne Carbonara, Cheesy Garlic Bread and Tuscan Vinaigrette. McCormick® Italian Complete Meal Seasoning Mix Kit includes three pouches full of vibrant herbs and spices to make your dishes taste just-right. Follow the on-pack shopping list for fresh meat, produce and other needed ingredients to complete an easy Italian meal to serve six.Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Chicken Penne Carbonara
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 1 Chicken Penne Carbonara Seasoning Mix from Italian Dinner Complete Meal
- 1 cup original chicken stock
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tuscan Vinaigrette
- white wine vinegar
- 1 Tuscan Vinaigrette Seasoning Mix from Italian Dinner Complete Meal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Favorite salad greens
- Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) Italian bread
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 Cheesy Garlic Bread Seasoning Mix from Italian Dinner Complete Meal
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 For the Chicken Penne Carbonara, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain well. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile for the Tuscan Vinaigrette, mix vinegar, Seasoning Mix and sugar in small bowl with wire whisk. Gradually add oil, whisking until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Whisk just before serving.
- 3 For the Cheesy Garlic Bread, preheat broiler. Split bread in half lengthwise. Mix butter and Seasoning Mix; spread on bread. Sprinkle with cheese. Set aside.
- 4 To finish the Chicken Penne Carbonara, cook bacon in large skillet on medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet. Do not drain drippings from skillet. Crumble bacon and set aside. Add chicken to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add Seasoning Mix, stock, cream and Parmesan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly with wire whisk until well blended. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta and bacon; toss gently to coat.
- 5 Meanwhile, place garlic bread on broiler pan. Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6 Serve Chicken Penne Carbonara with Cheesy Garlic Bread and your favorite salad greens drizzled with Tuscan Vinaigrette.