Craving Mexican? Cure those cravings with homemade bowls featuring Carne Asada Steak, Tomato, Bean & Corn Salad and Cilantro Lime Rice. McCormick® Mexican Bowl Complete Meal Seasoning Mix Kit includes three pouches full of colorful herbs and spices for creating just the right balance of Southwestern heat and flavor. Follow the on-pack shopping list for fresh meat, produce and any additional ingredients to complete a restaurant-style Mexican meal for six.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 Cilantro Lime Rice Seasoning Mix from McCormick® Mexican Bowl Dinner Complete Meals
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1 Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad Seasoning Mix from McCormick® Mexican Bowl Dinner Complete Meals
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Carne Asada Steak
- 1 Carne Asada Steak Seasoning Mix frin McCormick® Mexican Bowl Dinner Complete Meals
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 For the Cilantro Lime Rice, melt butter in 2-quart saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Add water, rice, Seasoning Mix and salt. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2 Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for the Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3 For the Carne Asada Steak, heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add steak and onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until no longer pink. Add Seasoning Mix and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 1 to 2 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 4 Divide hot cooked rice among 6 individual serving bowls. Top with Steak and Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad. Serve with additional toppings, if desired.
•Serve bowls with additional assorted toppings such as avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro.
•Spice up your Corn, Bean and Tomato Salad! Add 2 tsp. seeded and finely chopped jalapeño pepper.