This beef stew captures the flavors of Tuscany with tomatoes, red wine and rosemary. Serve with pasta or polenta. Photo credit: Sommer Collier from A Spicy Perspective.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 package McCormick® Classic Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- 2 cups cut-up potatoes
- 1 cup cut-up carrots
- 1 cup cut-up celery
- 1 cup cut-up onions
- 1 Coat beef with flour. Heat oil in large deep skillet or Dutch oven on medium heat. Add beef; cook until browned on all sides.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, wine and rosemary.
- 3 Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetables; simmer 1 hour or until beef and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Thicken stew with additional flour, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner