A twist on chile rellenos – stuffed and roasted jalapeño peppers – this recipe uses mild pickled peppers instead. A filling made with Mexican chorizo sausage, ancho chile pepper and chili powder makes these great bite-size party fare.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 6 ounces fresh Mexican chorizo
- 1 plum tomato, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Ancho Chile Pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 jars (10 ounces each) pickled sweet peppers, drained
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled (1/4 cup)
- sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Place chorizo, tomato, quinoa, garlic, cilantro, 2 teaspoons of the ancho chile pepper and chili powder in food processor; cover. Process until well blended.
- 2 Fill each pepper with 1 heaping teaspoon chorizo mixture. Top with crumbled queso fresco. Place peppers on foil-lined baking pan.
- 3 Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until filling is cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F). Mix Mexican crema, lime juice and remaining 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile pepper. Serve with Chorizo Chile Poppers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner