Skip the deep fryer and try our lightened-up version of the curly-fry-meets-potato-chip in this recipe for tornado potatoes. Spiced with a robust blend of McCormick® Dill, Chives and Onion Powder, these skewered and grilled taters are loaded with savory flavor. Pair with...
Skip the deep fryer and try our lightened-up version of the curly-fry-meets-potato-chip in this recipe for tornado potatoes. Spiced with a robust blend of McCormick® Dill, Chives and Onion Powder, these skewered and grilled taters are loaded with savory flavor. Pair with grilled turkey burgers for a hearty meal.
Recipe created by two-time "Chopped" champ, Chef James Briscione. He brings creativity to the table with bold flavors and spices in his new Food Network cooking show, "Man Crafted."Read More Read Less
- 1 Prepare a grill for cooking over medium heat.
- 2 In a bowl, whisk together the milk powder, Parmesan, chives, dill, onion powder, granulated garlic, parsley, salt and sugar. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- 3 Place the olive oil in a separate bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture.
- 4 Insert a bamboo skewer lengthwise through the center of each potato. With a sharp paring knife, cut a potato in a spiral pattern all the way down to the skewer, beginning at the top of the potato with the knife set at a 15 to 20 degree angle. Rotate the potato as you cut until the entire the potato is cut through in a spiral pattern. Stretch the potato down the skewer. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- 5 Set each skewer over a piece of aluminum foil. Brush each of the potatoes with a generous amount of the oil mixture, reserving a third for later. Wrap the potatoes in the foil, closing both ends so the oil cannot escape. Place on the grill and cook 8 minutes, then flip and cook 8 minutes more. Remove from the grill and let rest until cool enough to handle. (Leave the grill on.)
- 6 Remove the skewers from the foil. Brush each potato with some of the remaining oil mixture and return to the grill until well browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle each with more of the dry spice mixture. (Extra spice mixture can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.)
MEET YOUR NEW CULINARY SIDEKICK
Get the Flavor Maker app to discover recipes, help plan meals, organize your spice pantry, and more!
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.