A sage and spice rub begins building the flavor of these spectacular pork chops. Balsamic vinegar and maple syrup add an intriguing flavor to the sauce.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- McCormick® Whole Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rubbed Sage
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork chops (1-inch thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced mushrooms, such as shiitake, cremini (baby bellas) or oyster mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 Place peppercorns in pepper mill. Twist pepper mill 8 to 10 times over a small dish. Add sage and ginger. Rub evenly on both sides of pork chops.
- 2 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chops; cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Remove chops from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm. Add mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir in broth, vinegar, maple syrup, thyme and garlic powder, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Spoon over chops to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner