Kick off your Mardi Gras celebration with this delectable dish. It packs a punch of Cajun flavor, which can be intensified by substituting andouille sausage for regular smoked sausage. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adventures in Cooking.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in Italian seasoning and red and black pepper.
- 2 Cut sausage in half lengthwise, then in 1/2-inch slices. Add sausage and shrimp to skillet. Cook 2 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- 3 Break pasta in half; add to skillet. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta is just tender, stirring occasionally.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner