This hearty flavorful one-dish meal starts by sautéing smoked or andouille sausage with the Cajun/Creole “trinity” -- onion, celery and bell pepper. Like a gumbo, this dish is soupy, so serve in bowls or soup plates. Photo credit: Sandy Coughlin from Reluc... This hearty flavorful one-dish meal starts by sautéing smoked or andouille sausage with the Cajun/Creole “trinity” -- onion, celery and bell pepper. Like a gumbo, this dish is soupy, so serve in bowls or soup plates. Photo credit: Sandy Coughlin from Reluctant Entertainer. Read More Read Less
Ingredients 10 Servings
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 1 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Place the pickling spice in the center of piece of cheesecloth or coffee filter. Tie tightly with long piece of string.
- 2 Cook and stir sausage, celery, onion and bell pepper in large heavy skillet on medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until sausage begins to brown. Add red pepper, thyme, rice and pickling spice bundle.
- 3 Pour in chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Stir in shrimp and tomatoes. Cover and cook on medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove pickling spice bundle before serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner