Check the vibes! This is Walnut Sausage Biscuits and Gravy! We don’t need to have meat on our plate to experience delicious flavors this Thanksgiving. Here we have a classic: Sausage and Biscuits with Gravy except we will be using walnuts. We are using Mccormick's...
Check the vibes! This is Walnut Sausage Biscuits and Gravy! We don’t need to have meat on our plate to experience delicious flavors this Thanksgiving. Here we have a classic: Sausage and Biscuits with Gravy except we will be using walnuts. We are using Mccormick's Fennel, smoked paprika, black pepper and red pepper flakes to create the same sausage taste but 100% Vegan. Recipe created by Todd Anderson @turnipvegan.Read More Read Less
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Fennel Seed
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 package flaky vegan-friendly biscuits
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 vegetable broth
- 2 cups unflavored plant-based milk
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Add walnuts and cauliflower to the food processor and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until you have sausage-like crumbles. Set to the side.
- 2 Sauté onions and minced garlic in olive oil 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 3 Add walnut crumbles, parsley, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, fennel. salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, tomato paste and vegetable broth to the onion/garlic mix. Combine ingredients until incorporated. Add more water or vegetable broth, as needed to prevent the mixture from drying out. Cook on medium for 8 to 12 minutes. Place to the side.
- 4 Bake your vegan-friendly biscuits and place them to the side; keeping warm.
- 5 For the Gravy, cook vegan butter and flour together in a pan on medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and plant-based milk. Cook for 5 minutes.
- 6 Add walnut sausage crumbles to the gravy and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7 Serve gravy on top of warm biscuits with fresh parsley and more crushed red pepper flakes on top.