This pork and sweet potato hash hits all the right flavor notes with our Garlic and Onion Black Pepper and Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning. Take it over the top with fried or poached eggs.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon plus 4 teaspoons McCormick® Garlic and Onion, Black Pepper and Sea Salt All Purpose Seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons oil, (plus more, as needed for potatoes)
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Cook and stir pork and 1 tablespoon of the Seasoning in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove pork with slotted spoon. Do not drain drippings from skillet.
- 2 Add oil, sweet potatoes and 2 teaspoons of the Seasoning to skillet. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes. Add an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil, as needed, to prevent potatoes from burning.
- 3 Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and remaining 2 teaspoons of the Seasoning to skillet. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Return pork to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with avocado, tomatoes and cilantro just before serving. Serve with fried or poached eggs, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner