Ingredients 9 Servings
- step 1
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 package McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage , cooked and drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 9 medium flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add hash browns and 1/2 of the Seasoning Mix; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add onions and bell peppers; cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until onions are tender and potatoes are lightly browned. Stir in cooked sausage. Remove mixture from skillet; set aside.
- 2 Mix eggs, cream and remaining Seasoning Mix in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until soft curds form.
- 3 To assemble burritos, place 1/2 cup potato mixture on each tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup each eggs and cheese. Fold each into a burrito. Serve immediately.
- 4 Make Ahead Tip: Wrap prepared burritos in plastic wrap and store in freezer. To reheat, remove burrito from plastic wrap. Place on microwavable plate and cover with damp paper towel. Microwave 3 minutes on MEDIUM then 3 minutes on HIGH. Let stand 1 minute before serving.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Popular breakfast burrito sauces include sour cream, salsa, guacamole, hot sauce and queso.