Enjoy the tartness of cranberries with a refreshing orange flavor in a tantalizing breakfast bread. See tip for baking in mini loaf pans for a terrific gift idea.
Ingredients 15 Servings
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Set aside.
- 2 Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in another large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, orange juice and eggs; mix well. Gradually add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Gently stir in cranberries and almonds. Pour batter into greased 9x5-inch loaf pan
- 3 Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- 4 To use dried cranberries: Place 1 cup dried cranberries in 2 cups boiling water. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain before adding to batter.
- 5 To prepare in mini loaf pans: Divide batter evenly among 3 greased 5 1/2x3-inch mini loaf pans. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool as directed.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner