Ingredients 12 (1 scone) Servings
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2 Beat eggs, sour cream and vanilla in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Add to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Stir in dried cranberries and walnuts.
- 3 Place dough on lightly floured surface. Knead about 1 minute or until smooth. Place dough on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 10-inch circle. Score top of dough with sharp knife into 12 wedges. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 4 Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly on wire rack. Cut into 12 wedges to serve.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Drop Scones: Prepare dough as directed. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.