Make a loaf of crusty artisan bread right at home in your Dutch oven! Studded with walnuts and Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries, this homemade bread is even more delicious when enjoyed by the slice topped with our cranberry cinnamon cream cheese spread.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (optional)
- 3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Dried Cranberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup Ocean Spray® Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Mix flour, salt and yeast in large bowl. Form a well in center of flour mixture; add warm water. Gradually mix flour into water, just until blended. Stir in walnuts and Craisins®, mixing until a shaggy dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and place in warm, draft-free area to rise until doubled in size and bubbly, about 8 hours or overnight. (This may take up to 16 hours.)
- 2 Spray large sheet of parchment paper with no-stick cooking spray; set aside. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 10 to 15 times (dough will be very sticky). Shape dough into a ball and place on prepared parchment, seam-side down. Spray dough with no-stick cooking spray; cover dough with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rise again until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Place large, covered Dutch oven on rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove plastic wrap from dough. Using edges of parchment as handles, carefully place parchment and dough into Dutch oven. Replace lid.
- 4 Bake 20 minutes. Remove lid. Bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until golden brown. Carefully remove bread from Dutch oven. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely, about 2 hours.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, Cranberry Sauce and cinnamon in medium bowl until well blended. Spread over sliced bread to serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner