Ingredients 30 (1 macaron) Servings
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Macarons
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Ground Jamaican Allspice
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Cream Of Tartar
- Pinch salt
- 6 drops McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 3 drops McCormick® Red Food Color
- Salted Caramel Filling
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- Pinch McCormick Gourmet™ All Natural Ground Jamaican Allspice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. For the Pumpkin Pie Spiced Macarons, sift confectioners’ sugar, almond flour and spices into medium bowl, working mixture as much as possible through sifter. Discard any large bits of almonds left over in sifter. Beat egg whites, granulated sugar, cream of tartar and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Beat on high speed 5 minutes or until medium peaks form. Add food colors; beat on low speed until evenly tinted. Gently stir in flour mixture, 1/3 at a time, scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently.
- 2 Spoon batter into pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch round tip. Pipe 1 1/2-inch circles about 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. For best results, hold tip perpendicular and 1/2 inch above baking sheet while gently squeezing pastry bag.
- 3 Bake 1 baking sheet at a time 11 to 12 minutes or until macarons are set and slightly tacky. Place baking sheet on wire rack. Cool macarons completely before removing from parchment paper.
- 4 For the salted caramel filling, mix confectioners’ sugar and spices in medium bowl. Beat butter and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar mixture, scraping sides and bottom of bowl frequently. Add milk, beat until smooth. Beat in caramel topping, 1 tablespoon at a time, until smooth. Spoon into pastry bag fitted with a small plain round tip.
- 5 To assemble the macarons, pipe filling onto flat side of 1 cookie. Sprinkle with additional sea salt and drizzle with additional caramel topping, if desired. Sandwich with a same-size cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies and filling. Store macaroons between layers of wax paper in airtight container in refrigerator up to 7 days. Serve at room temperature.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Beat egg whites to medium peaks only. When whisk is lifted from egg whites and turned upside down, a peak should hold but the tip will flop over.
To create smooth macaroons while piping, do not lift tip from the batter. Instead, stop squeezing the pastry bag and lightly rotate the tip off to one side.