Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 package (8 ounces) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 Brown ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat.
- 2 Stir in Seasoning Mix, tomato sauce and beans. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package. Drop small spoonfuls of batter over meat mixture. Cover.
- 4 Cook on medium-low heat 15 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions. Cover. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Use 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained, in place of the 2 cans tomato sauce.