A fun new way to eat chili! These individual chili cups are casual, hand-held party fare that can be made easily with the help of a corn muffin mix. Photo credit: Jen Tilley from How to Simplify.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves, finely crushed, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) corn muffin mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Brown beef in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Add beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, 1 teaspoon of the oregano and garlic powder; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- 2 Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package, adding remaining 1 teaspoon oregano. Spoon batter into 12 greased and floured or paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Spoon beef mixture into each cup, gently pressing into batter. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3 Bake 12 minutes or until edges of muffin cups are golden. Cool 5 minutes in pan on wire rack. Top each cup with sour cream and green onions.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner