Vibrantly flavored with red wine and Italian seasoning, this slow cooker pot roast is zesty and robust. Serve with crusty rolls. Photo credit: Amy Johnson from She Wears Many Hats.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 pound red medium potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, well-trimmed and cut into 6 pieces
- 2 packages McCormick® Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Celery Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1 Layer potatoes, carrots, 1/2 of the onion slices and beef in slow cooker.
- 2 Mix Gravy Mixes, flour, Italian seasoning and celery salt in small bowl. Sprinkle all over beef. Top beef with remaining onion slices. Mix water and wine; pour over top. Cover.
- 3 Cook 8 hours on LOW or until beef and vegetables are tender. Add parsley flakes; stir well. Remove beef and vegetables to serving platter. Spoon some sauce over beef and vegetables. Serve remaining sauce on side, if desired. Thicken sauce if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner