These fish tacos have it all. Pan fried tilapia, creamy slaw, a warm tortilla and your favorite toppings.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- masa harina
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
corn tortillas, warmed
- flour tortillas (6-inch)
- 1 Mix coleslaw and cilantro in medium bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 Mix cornmeal, chili powder, salt and garlic powder in shallow dish. Coat fish evenly with cornmeal mixture.
- 3 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add fish; cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork. Cut fish into 8 portions. Serve in warmed tortillas topped with coleslaw.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve fish tacos with assorted toppings, such as thinly sliced red onion, sliced avocado and lime wedges.