An authentic Mexican dish made with shredded chicken and onions simmered in a spicy chipotle sauce. It is typically served on crunchy tostadas and garnished with your choice of desired toppings, such as shredded lettuce, Mexican crema and avocado.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 16 tostada shells, warmed
- 1 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until tender.
- 2 Stir in tomato sauce, water, Spices and Salt. Bring to boil. Stir in chicken. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Serve chicken on tostada shells with Mexican crema or sour cream and shredded lettuce, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner