Pile the works onto a hoagie roll for the ultimate cheesesteak grilled cheese sandwich mashup: grilled steak, creamy cheese sauce seasoned with McCormick® Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika, peppers and onions. Top with Provolone cheese and toast until melty.Recipe creat...
Pile the works onto a hoagie roll for the ultimate cheesesteak grilled cheese sandwich mashup: grilled steak, creamy cheese sauce seasoned with McCormick® Garlic Powder and Smoked Paprika, peppers and onions. Top with Provolone cheese and toast until melty.Recipe created by two-time "Chopped" champ, Chef James Briscione. He brings creativity to the table with bold flavors and spices in his new Food Network cooking show, "Man Crafted." Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 package McCormick® Chili Seasoning Mix
flank steak, trimmed
- skirt steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bell pepers, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 6 hoagie rolls
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 1 Preheat a grill to medium-high heat and place a disposable aluminum foil pan on one side of the grill.
- 2 In a medium bowl, beat together the Cheddar, cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, smoked paprika and cumin until smooth. Set aside until needed or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up 2 weeks.
- 3 Set aside 2 teaspoons of the chili seasoning. Sprinkle the steak with the remaining seasoning.
- 4 Add the butter, peppers and onion to the aluminum pan. Sprinkle with the reserved 2 teaspoons chili seasoning. Cook the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and let rest.
- 5 While the vegetables cook, drizzle the steak with oil and cook on the empty side of the grill until medium-rare to medium, about 5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the steak. Rest the steak on a rack for 5 minutes. Thinly slice against the grain and add to the pan with the vegetables. Lower the grill to medium heat.
- 6 Partially split the hoagie rolls, leaving just enough of the roll attached so they open like a book. Toast the cut side of the rolls on the grill. Spread a large spoonful of the cheese mixture onto each side of the rolls. Divide the steak, peppers and onions equally between the rolls. Top each with 2 slices of provolone. Close the sandwiches, wrap each in aluminum foil and put back on the grill to toast. Cook until the cheese is melted. Let cool slightly before unwrapping and serving.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.