The warm, spiced flavors of McCormick® Cinnamon, Ginger and Cloves perfectly complement tart cranberry chutney and creamy cheese in this decadent baked brie appetizer. Serve with crackers or fruit.Recipe created by two-time "Chopped" champ, Chef James Briscione. He bri...
The warm, spiced flavors of McCormick® Cinnamon, Ginger and Cloves perfectly complement tart cranberry chutney and creamy cheese in this decadent baked brie appetizer. Serve with crackers or fruit.Recipe created by two-time "Chopped" champ, Chef James Briscione. He brings creativity to the table with bold flavors and spices in his new Food Network cooking show, "Man Crafted." Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- Cranberry Chutney
- 1 bag (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Granny smith apple, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- Pinch McCormick® Ground Cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper from McCormick® Black Pepper Grinder
- Baked Brie
- 1 (10 to 12 ounces) round Brie
- 1/2 cup Cranberry Chutney, cooled to room temperature
- 1 sheet puff pastry, (from a 17.3 ounce package), thawed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 For the Chutney, combine the cranberries, apple, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, orange zest and juice and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled. Keeps refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 2 For the Brie, preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 3 Cut the round of Brie in half horizontally, as if splitting a hamburger bun. Lift the top off the Brie and spread the Cranberry Chutney over the bottom half. Replace the top.
- 4 Lay the sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Roll slightly with a rolling pin until the puff pastry is 3 to 4 inches wider in all directions than the round of Brie. Place the filled Brie in the center of the puff pastry.
- 5 Trim 1 inch from each corner of the puff pastry and reserve for another use or to decorate the top of the Brie. Fold in the 4 corners of the puff pastry so they meet in the center of the Brie. Lightly brush the dough where the pieces meet with the egg. Fold the remaining edges into the center so that the Brie is tightly wrapped.
- 6 Flip the Brie onto the prepared baking sheet seam-side down. Decorate the top of the round with the remaining puff pastry, if desired. Refrigerate 1 hour. (The filled, wrapped Brie can be prepared up to 1 day in advance.)
- 7 Bake until golden brown, about 35 minutes. Cool on the pan at least 10 minutes, then use a large spatula to transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the remaining Cranberry Chutney, nuts, dried fruit and crackers.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.