The kitchen will be filled with a fragrant, citrus aroma that will entice your family's taste buds. Poppy seeds add a delicate, nutty flavor.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- Orange Cranberry Butter:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons whole cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract
- Orange Poppy Seed Muffins:
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Poppy Seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 For the Butter, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Muffins, preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Mix flour, sugar, poppy seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Mix sour cream, egg, oil, milk, extract and orange peel in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.) Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 4 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm with Orange Cranberry Butter.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner