For a brunch recipe with the flavors of the Southwest, prepare this casserole of cubed cornbread, eggs, cheese, tomatoes, corn, green chiles and chipotle chili pepper. Photo credit: Eva Kosmas from Adventures in Cooking.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1 pound prepared cornbread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Chipotle Chili Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 2/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cornbread in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Beat eggs in large bowl with wire whisk. Add milk, sour cream and seasonings; mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, tomatoes, corn and chiles. Gently pour over cornbread. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 3 Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until center is set and edges are golden browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with additional sour cream, if desired.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner