This homemade morning energizer invigorates the senses with a spicy syrup featuring McCormick® Red Pepper. Tart apple and crisp cucumber muddled together with sweet, sparkling clementine juice balance out the heat.
Ingredients 2 Servings
- Cayenne Pepper Syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cayenne Red Pepper
- Fizz 'n Fruit Energizer
- 1/2 cup diced peeled Granny Smith apple, (1/2-inch dice)
- 1/4 cup sliced seedless cucumber, plus additional slices for garnish
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup sparkling clementine juice
- 1 For the Cayenne Pepper Syrup, mix sugar, water and red pepper in small saucepan. Bring to simmer on medium heat. Simmer until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat. Cool. (This makes enough syrup for 8 drinks.)
- 2 For the Fizz ‘n Fruit Energizer, divide apple and cucumber among 2 beverage glasses. Pour 2 tablespoons of the Cayenne Pepper Syrup into each glass; muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon. Fill each glass with ice cubes. Top each with 1/2 cup sparkling clementine juice. Garnish with cucumber slices, if desired.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Fizz 'n Fruit Cocktail : Add 2 ounces gin to each glass to make this a brunch-time cocktail.