A favorite Middle-Eastern starter, this puree of toasted walnuts, roasted red bell pepper, cumin, allspice and crushed red pepper is drizzled with a sweet, tangy pomegranate molasses.
Ingredients 12 Servings
- Pomegranate Molasses
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Toasted Walnut Dip
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, toasted
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons plain dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 For the Pomegranate Molasses, bring all ingredients to boil in small saucepan on high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup and is consistency of thick syrup. Cool completely.
- 2 For the Dip, place all ingredients in food processor; cover. Process until dip is smooth.
- 3 Spoon dip into serving bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the Pomegranate Molasses. Serve with naan bread.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner