Chill out with layer upon layer of refreshing flavor in this savory parfait. Every spoonful of beets whipped with Greek yogurt, and fluffy, lemony feta mixture is full of feel-good flavor to help you “beet the heat.”
Chill out with layer upon layer of refreshing flavor in this savory parfait. Every spoonful of beets whipped with Greek yogurt, and fluffy, lemony feta mixture is full of feel-good flavor to help you “beet the heat.”Read More Read Less
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 2 cups beets, roasted, peeled and cooled
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Dill Weed
- 3/4 cup roasted pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Place beets in blender container; cover. Puree until smooth; set aside. Press grated cucumber between sheets of paper towels; squeeze out as much liquid as possible, repeating until mostly dry.
- 2 Mix beet puree, 1 cup of the Greek yogurt, cucumber, tahini, 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the black pepper, coriander and cumin in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 3 Meanwhile, place remaining 1 cup Greek yogurt, 3 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, lemon zest, olive oil, feta, crushed red pepper and dill weed in food processor; cover. Process until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Transfer to bowl; cover. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- 4 To assemble parfaits, spoon 2 tablespoons of the feta mixture into bottom of 6 (8-ounce) parfait glasses. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of pistachios and layer with 1/2 cup of the beet mixture. Top with another layer of feta mixture and garnish with remaining pistachios. Serve chilled.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Nutrition information coming soon.