- fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 package (12 ounces) restaurant-style tortilla chips
- shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat. Drain fat. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Arrange tortilla chips in single layer on 2 lightly greased foil-lined shallow baking pans, overlapping chips if needed to cover bottom completely. Top each pan of chips evenly with meat mixture and cheese.
- 3 Bake both pans on separate oven racks 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Serving Suggestion: Serve with assorted toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced jalapeño peppers, sliced green onions or chopped fresh cilantro.