Create your Flavor Profile!
Find just-for-you recipes, save favorites and more when you customize your Flavor Profile.
Roti is popular flatbread from India, typically used to pick up food instead of silverware. Here, we’re transforming this versatile bread into pizza dough – and all it takes is a matter of 20 minutes (no yeast, no rising time!). Follow our how-to below and get the recipe here.
1. Start with your dry mix. Combine 3 cups of flour, 1 ½ tsp baking powder, 1 tsp salt and McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Seasoning Blend. We’ve swapped that here for the traditional Indian spice blend, Garam Masala, because we’re making pizza. You can use Garlic Powder too, if that’s what you have on hand.
2. Stir in 2 tbsp oil and ¼ cup water at a time. You want to dough to get soft, but not sticky.
3. Divide your dough into 10 separate balls, cover and let rest for 5 minutes. This is a great time to turn on and follow the McCormick Spotify channel if you’re not rockin’ out to our recommended cooking tunes yet!
4. Working with one ball at a time, roll dough out into small circles. Pro tip: Keep extra dough balls covered so they don’t dry out while you’re rolling. And get the kids involved! Everyone can roll out their own dough for a fun activity.
5. Brush both sides of rolled dough with oil and place roti one at a time into an oiled pan on medium high heat. Cook on each side for one minute – you’ll see it bubble.
6. It’s pizza time! Flip roti over, add your sauce, cheese and favorite toppings. The best part? You can cook it up right in the same pan!
7. Serve with a sprinkle of extra Italian Seasoning, Crushed Red Pepper for heat – whatever you and your family like best.
How else can you enjoy our 20-minute roti? Use it to wrap up breakfast sandwiches, as a swap for dinner rolls, dip into hummus … it’s so versatile! Follow along with our step-by-step Cook with Us story on Instagram for more.
Making homemade bread is easier than you think! Check out these recipes now.