Tonight’s epic pairing: pizza and McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Applewood & Cheddar Smoked Sausage. Cheesy, smoky-sweet sausage, veggies and mozzarella, all loaded on top of a crispy flatbread crust. Get ready to devour.
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 package (14 ounces) McCormick® Grill Mates® Smoky Applewood & Cheddar Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 4 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large flatbreads
- Olive oil, to coat
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook and stir sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan; drain fat. Cook and stir onions and peppers in same skillet on medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp. Remove from heat; stir in tomatoes.
- 2 Brush tops of flatbreads lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Top with cheese, sausage and vegetable mixture.
- 3 Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
TIPS AND TRICKS
before or after baking, if desired.