Eggplant is the star of this modern interpretation of a vegetable terrine. Honey Harissa Sauce adds vibrant color and bold flavor.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- Honey Harissa Sauce
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Caraway Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- Eggplant & Goat Cheese Torte
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 12 to 16 slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- 1 small red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 2 ounces goat cheese (chévre)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 For the Honey Harissa Sauce, place all ingredients in blender or food processor; cover. Blend or process on high speed until almost smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush eggplant slices with oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Place eggplant slices in single layer on baking pan. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until just tender.
- 3 Line four (6-ounce) ramekins with plastic wrap. Place 1 slice of eggplant lengthwise along bottom of each ramekin. Line the sides of the ramekin with slices of eggplant, draping 1 inch of each end of the eggplant slice over top of ramekin. Place red bell pepper slices on top of eggplant in bottom of ramekin. Top with a thin layer of goat cheese. Repeat with a layer of eggplant, placing slices crosswise to first layer of eggplant, yellow bell pepper slices and goat cheese. Fold excess eggplant over to enclose the torte. Cover ramekins in plastic wrap.
- 4 Refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Invert each ramekin onto serving plate and carefully remove ramekin. Brush tortes with honey. Serve with Honey Harissa Sauce.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner