- Parmesan Crisps:
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Honey-Harissa Sauce:
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Whole Caraway Seed, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Ground Coriander Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Crushed Red Pepper
- Roasted Eggplant Bisque:
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced (1-inch)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced leeks, white part only
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 For the Parmesan Crisps, preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle cheese into 8 circles, 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter, on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Set aside.
- 2 For the Honey-Harissa Sauce, place all ingredients in blender or food processor; cover. Blend or process on high speed until almost smooth. Set aside.
- 3 For the Roasted Eggplant Bisque, reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Toss eggplant, tomato, leeks, onion, oil, garlic powder and pepper in large bowl. Spread in single layer on foil-lined shallow baking pan.
- 4 Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until softened. With center part of cover removed to let steam escape, puree 1/2 the vegetable mixture and 1 cup of the stock in blender on high speed until smooth. Pour bisque into large saucepan. Repeat with remaining vegetable mixture and stock.
- 5 Stir in 2 tablespoons of the Honey-Harissa Sauce, cream, honey and salt. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally. Pour bisque into 4 soup bowls. Top each with 1 teaspoon of the Honey-Harissa Sauce, cilantro and 2 Parmesan Crisps.
TIPS AND TRICKS
Test Kitchen Tip: Store leftover Honey-Harissa Sauce in refrigerator. Serve with grilled meats, or toss with pasta or couscous.