A quick-pickled version of the traditional Korean dish that boasts layers of flavor and just enough heat, giving cabbage, red bell pepper and carrots a tasty makeover. Serve this spicy slaw as a side dish or as a topping for burgers and sandwiches.
Ingredients 10 (1 cup) Servings
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Korean pepper paste, (Gochujang)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 8 cups sliced cabbage, 1-inch thick slices
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Sesame Seed, toasted
- 1 Mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pepper paste, sesame oil and garlic powder in small bowl until well blended.
- 2 Mix cabbage, bell pepper, carrots and green onions in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat well. Cover.
- 3 Refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve, tossing occasionally. Sprinkle with sesame seed before serving.