Infused with the smoky, aromatic flavor of McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Harissa Seasoning, this 30-minute recipe takes roasted squash to the next level. Topped with crunchy walnut praline and creamy goat cheese, it’s the perfect balance of sweet, savory and spice.
- 1 (about 1 1/2 pounds) acorn squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch thick crescent slices
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Harissa, divided
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix 2 tablespoons of the butter, honey and 2 teaspoons of the Seasoning in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2 Arrange squash in single layer on foil- or parchment-lined baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray. Brush half of the butter mixture on one side of the squash. Roast 5 minutes. Carefully remove pan from oven. Turn squash and brush with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast 10 minutes longer or until tender.
- 3 Meanwhile, mix remaining 2 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, walnuts and remaining 1 teaspoon Seasoning in a small bowl. Remove squash from oven, evenly sprinkle brown sugar mixture over the squash. Broil on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until brown sugar is melted and lightly browned. Sprinkle with goat cheese and parsley.
NUTRITION INFORMATION(per Serving)
Go To Meal Planner